Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Carmona Estates: a faraway dream

So I started googling for houses.  I found Carmona Estates.


I got all excited because I could see our family living in a house that looked like this.  It had 4 bedrooms, 2tb and best of all, it was well within our budget.  I did not have any idea about where the kids will go to school or how hard the change in commute will be but I felt energized by the idea of my own house.

But I thought it best to check if there was already an existing community there.  I wouldn't want to be the only homeowner in that subdivision.  When I started checking out the forums, I was dumbfounded.

At pinoyexchange.com, profriends, the developer of Carmona Estates, was a celebrity in a bad way.  So many reports about how construction of the houses were very slow, problems with customer service, problems with filing of loans, some complaints about the use of substandard materials, delays in the release of the land title, very slow response time for complaints...the list goes on and on.  It was even rated one of the worst developers in the country with a lot of people expressing regret in buying property from profriends.

Here are some of the links:

We went there last Sunday, February 6, just to really see the place. In all fairness, it already had a clubhouse with a swimming pool and the dressed-up model house really got us excited.  I also noticed that there were a lot of vehicles coming in to the subdivision.  However, it is not accessible for those who don't have cars because it is a long way from Carmona Market.  Tricycle fare from the market to the subdivision is P40 for special trip. And the roads going there don't have street lamps yet so it is not that safe to travel at night.

The agent that we talked to said that construction now takes around 13 months.  I hope I heard him right or the waiting time will be 30 months!

Well, so much for that.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment